Our Mission & Commitments
The Mission of Mount Tabor Church, a nontraditional Body of believers, is to use a holistic approach in leading the people into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We seek to establish them as disciples into the kingdom of God through evangelizing, preaching and practical teaching of God’s word. And we shall continue this great work, changing our nation from generation to generation.
Statement of Purpose
It is our firm desire to make a difference in the lives of people by bringing them into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ, seeking to deliver them from all types of evil that would serve as a hindrance to them personally becoming committed and disciplined members of the Kingdom of God who are fully equipped for the challenges of life, the expectations of God and the demands of the ministry.
It is our desire to transform people into believers and believers into faith-walkers through the process of promoting obedience to God and intimacy with God.
What We Believe
We believe that:
- God is the Creator of all that exists and the church is the biblical standard for impacting the world.
- Everything we do must glorify God.
- Every member ought to be submitted and connected to the Vision and the Visionary which are both ordained by God.
- The Word of God is the standard for both the family and the nation.
- The strength of the Church is found in the strength of the family.
- What we do today affects the next three or four generation
- We will not compromise God’s Word.
- We will not embrace any alternative/ungodly principles.
- We will not willfully engage in any activity that brings harm to the Kingdom of God and/or the Name of God.
- We will do all that is necessary to positively impact the lives of as many persons as possible by the practical demonstration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Commitment to Membership
- In This Season A Commitment To Membership At Mount Tabor Church Is A Commitment To: A Tri-fold Connection
- CONNECTION TO GOD THROUGH YOUR LEADER
Jeremiah 3:15 from 10:14-17 Heb 6:11
- CONNECTION TO YOUR FELLOW PARISHIONERS
Philippians 2:3-4 Galatians 6:10
- DIRECT CONNECTION TO GOD
John 14:6, 10:9 Phil. 2:13
The Church’s Covenant
Having been led as we believe by the Spirit of God, to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Saviour, and on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, we do now in the presence of God, angels, and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another, as one body in Christ.
We also engage to maintain family and secret devotions; to religiously educate our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances; to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, and exemplary in our deportment; to avoid all tattling, backbiting and excessive anger; to abstain from the sale and use of intoxicating drinks as a beverage; and to be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Saviour.
We engage therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian love; to strive for the advancement of this church, in knowledge, holiness and comfort; to promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines; to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor and the spread of the gospel through all nations.
We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember each other in prayer; to aid each other in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech; to be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation and mindful of the rules of our Saviour to secure it without delay.
We moreover engage that when we remove from this place we will, as soon as possible, unite with some other church, where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and principles of God’s word.